As the fight choreographer, Caro was in charge of putting the actresses who played the lead characters through their paces — training them with military precision.
Jena Malone (Rocket) described working with Caro: “We had the most incredible stunt choreographer known to mankind. Damon Caro is like, you can’t ask for someone kinder, sweeter, more prepared, interested in your safety, interested in bringing out the best in you. I could do, like, a really good triple roundhouse double kick, you know? I was, like, ‘I got really good at this!’ And he’s, like, ‘Well, good, we’re incorporating it into your piece.’ I was, like, ‘Yes!’ He was really good about teaching us, pushing us, rewarding us in a way that it really felt educational, kind of [like] school, and very much fun, even though you’re sweating. You’re, like, blind from sweating so much. It was really incredible.”
Director Zack Snyder described the girls’ fight sequences: “They’re on their way to kill a baby dragon; they’ve killed all of these orc-like creatures and they're entering a door [and] it’s this classic, real Navy SEAL-style room clearing. They have machine guns, but they're fighting mythic creatures, impossible creatures. The hand-to-hand stuff is all brutal, because Damon [Caro] did all the fights in the [Jason Bourne movies], and it has that vibe to it."
- Last Action Hero (stunts) (1993)
- Escape From L.A. (stunts) (1993)
- Fight Club (Fight choreographer - uncredited; stunt double, stunts) (1999)
- Dawn of the Dead (stunt coordinator - additional scenes; zombie fight choreographer) (2004)
- The Bourne Supremacy (assistant fight coordinator) (2004)
- Mr. & Mrs. Smith (fight choreographer; utility stunts) (2005)
- 300 (fight choreographer; stunt coordinator) (2006)
- Spider-Man 3 (stunts - uncredited) (2007)
- Live Free or Die Hard (stunt double; stunts) (2007)
- The Bourne Ultimatum (fight choreographer - uncredited) (2007)
- Watchmen (fight choreographer; stunt coordinator) (2009)
- Angels & Demons (stunts) (2009)
- Sucker Punch (fight choreographer; stunt coordinator) (2011)
- Green Lantern (stunt coordinator; additional photography - uncredited) (2011)
- Man of Steel (stunt coordinator) (2013)
- 300: Rise of an Empire (stunt coordinator) (2014)
- Worked with Zack Snyder on Dawn of the Dead (2004); 300 (2006); Watchmen (2009); Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole (2010); Sucker Punch (2011); Man of Steel (2013); and 300: Rise of an Empire (2014)
- Worked with Brad Pitt on Fight Club (1999) and Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005).