Emily Browning was born in Melbourne, Australia, on Dec. 7, 1988. Browning attended Eltham High School, one of the few non-uniform schools in Australia. She has two younger brothers. Her parents are Andrew and Shelley, and they are divorced. She claims that her parents weren't like typical stage parents and never pushed her to do anything she didn't want to.
Browning is most famous for her 2004 role as Violet Baudelaire in Lemony Snicket's: A Series of Unfortunate Events in which she appeared alongside Jim Carrey and Meryl Streep . Browning appeared in the 2009 adaptation of Korean horror film A Tale of Two Sisters, entitled The Uninvited and directed by the Guard Brothers, alongside Arielle Kebbel. Originally, Browning audtioned for the role of Alex because she wanted to ease her way back into acting after a three-year acting break to finish high school, but she was cast as Anna and accepted. She later stated that she regretted the film's name change and felt that it wasn't marketed very well. Most of the reviews for The Uninvited were decent to very good, though it did not garner much box office success.
Max Irons admitted in an article that he is in a relationship with Browning. 
However, Browning broke up with Irons (the son of Jeremy Irons ) in August of 2012.
- ↑ http://www.elthamhs.vic.edu.au/
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0339291/
- ↑ http://blog.pennlive.com/pa-entertainment/2009/02/uninvited.html
- ↑ http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/interview/526
- ↑ http://www.femail.com.au/emily-browning-the-uninvited-interview.htm
- ↑ http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/uninvited_2009/
- ↑ http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/lifestyle/article-23931082-irons-man-two-max-irons-on-his-new-life-as-a-hollywood-heart-throb.do
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1588398/